Nature is always hinting at us. It hints over and over again. And suddenly we take the hint.

~ Robert Frost 

It was a bit nippy, but the chill did not stop over 50 kids from enjoying their egg hunt at Pardon Gray Preserve.

The Tiverton Land Trust (TLT) and the Environmental Neighborhood Awareness Committee (ENACT) sponsored the event and volunteers from these two organizations, as well as students from Tiverton High School, collaborated in 'hiding' 1400 eggs in two marked off sections of the Preserve.

The kids were divided into two groups, two to four year olds and five to seven year olds. The younger kids could trade in their plastic eggs for prizes like chocolate, bubbles, crayon, and colored chalks while the older kids collected eggs stuffed with polished stones, shells, magnets, toy dinosaurs, and, of course, more candy. It took less than 1/2 hour for the children (sometimes with help from moms, dads, brothers & sisters, grandparents, and friends) to collect all the eggs. All agreed that it was great fun.
Some of the comments by the volunteers - young and old:

"I used to do this in my yard every year - am happy to do this for all the kids in town."
"I love helping out kids...I want to be a teacher and this just keeps me around kids."
"I have two younger sisters. I love egg hunts and I'll do it again if you have it next year."
"I finished with my community service hours - just like to have fun."

IMG 0522   IMG 0520